Sunday, August 23, 2009

Abstract?



I've managed to paint a little these days. I am working on some landscapes and other scapes. This is not so very interesting but a way to get back into it. I still strive for technical execution so though any painting is good practice the representational straight forward pieces are somewhat easier for me to gauge the outcome. I am still using photos for models, a habit I hope to break. I have been squeezing in some abstract Pieces. Just messing around, trying out stuff, exploring etc.
Clearly I need to be spending far more time and possible paint on the paintings but its all an exploration, something not yet fully itself.
On the topic of using more paint has been on my mind ( often and reoccurringly) of late. Largely because of a bottle Eric Fischl painting.The richness of it, the way the color works differently with thick(er) coats than the thin ones I tend to use. This is something I might be intimidated by, largely because I do not have the experience or control to pull it off. I forget sometimes to take opportunities even though they are right in front of me.
As I write this I am looking at a seascape painting I am working on and I think that it would be the perfect chance to do just that. But will I?
r.

No comments: