Saturday, October 3, 2009

Did some work since yesterday's post

I still argue that there is still something needed to tie the overpass painting together. I'll be chewing on that piece of cud for a little while but will keep you in the loop. With that said I do feel some improvements have been made and it is closer to some end. The previous phase is here, and an earlier look can be obtained from that post. I am in an awkward place with this painting. I have done the "fun" parts but the painting is still unfinished. I did work on it as recently as yesterday though. It happens sometime, either frustration or intimidation will keep me from working on a painting. It is all a weird psychology. I like the way it is shaping up though. it was certainly an exercise in portrait painting if nothing else. It seems making my own flesh colors is much more useful than using the out-of-the-tube flesh color. Additionally I think I need to coax out a little more emotion on the faces. One o the reasons I chose this scene was the drama it portraits regardless of my abilities to capture it.
the early stages start here and then here and then here.
I have been ignoring this painting a lot. Poor little painting. I have no sense of its direction or of where it now stands. I think I need to wait for a rush of painting enthusiasm and tackle it then.

cheers
r.

No comments: