Friday, October 2, 2009

Work in progress (aren't they all)

Sorry about the blurry image but this post is really about color so it isn't so necessary to have a crystal clear pic.
I felt the need to back up the picture so to speak. i did a coat of a neutral color to bring back a muted quality I wanted to build off of. The earlier stage of the picture is here. Perhaps this is a mistake, perhaps not. If I have one complaint at this point I think my ..... lets call it french grey, has too much yellow in it. I wanted a more blue or even purple tone. The color is made of purple,yellow, burnt umber and white. I was though seemingly unable to add enough purple to hide the yellow tones. Go figure.
In my head the picture is supposed to be about the emergence of the red truck from the shadows of the overpass. True this may fall under the bad habit of mine of putting a central subject in the middle of the canvas. We can discuss that when the painting is done.
ciao
r.

No comments: